Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things that are embarrassing, OR, How I sometimes miss the painfully obvious

So, a while back, I got Zack a little fleecy jacket. I'm not gonna go over my reasons again for buying my dog clothes. But anyway. I get him in his little coat and we head out for a walk. People stop and stare at my dog all the time. He's cute, he prances like a tiny horse, and he has that weird cinnamon roll tail sitting on his butt. I can't count the number of times people have stopped me during a walk to ask about him and pet him.

On this particular walk, lots of people were stopping and staring, but nobody was looking to talk to me about Zack. In fact, I'm not gonna lie to you, there were some smirks. Some chuckles. Maybe, dear reader, a person or two pointed at us. I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on.

Then I got home and looked in the mirror.




(photo taken by the lovely SW, who owns the normal, non-clothes-needing dog in the shot.)

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Sassy's got almost no hair, so her winter walk attire is her fleece hooded sweatshirt with a little puffy vest over it.

Of course, it gets really stupid when I wear my hooded sweatshirt under my puffy vest.

Because matchy-matchy colors are one thing ... matchy-matchy layering is another class of Crazy Dog Lady entirely.