Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nisei Lounge Closing, Jeannie Unable To Accept Passage Of Time

I loved this place. It was right across the street from my first apartment in Chicago. And it was one of the only places in my neighborhood that was weird, divey, cheap, and was not filled solely with young white men wearing baseball caps and puka shell necklaces. And it had WWII memorabilia on the walls. And it was one of the few places on my block that didn't become a stinky meat market after Cubs games. And they would let you order pizza in. And they had a great jukebox. Blarg. I hate it when things change.

Side question: How is it that Hamburger King is still open? I don't know, maybe it's better now than it was 10 years ago.

Guh, I lived in that neighborhood 10 years ago. I wasn't expecting that.

No comments: