Friday, January 04, 2008

The Whatever Of Hope

This morning, on our way into work:

Me (thinking about how the last two Presidential elections were an exercise in greater and greater disappointment): I'm just not gonna get excited about Obama yet. I don't want to get burned again.

Aa: Why? Look, he's not the Cubs.

Me: (silence) (stunning realization that I have in fact treated these elections like baseball for the past 8 years)

Me: (changing subject b/c I'm embarassed) Um. Crap, I forgot to get money. I wanted to get coffee this morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get excited, get really excited. I
know I am....

Hoyden said...

C'mon, be excited. I'm crazy excited. They wouldn't even let me volunteer in Iowa cuz guess why? They were MAXED OUT. I can, however go to Illinois for super tuesday . . . and maybe you can too?

Anonymous said...

Get excited, get really excited...

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/12/election-softwa.html

Or, perhaps it's business as usual.

Get guarded and paranoid, get really guarded and paranoid...

Z_gal said...

Go Cubs!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?!? What a revelation. Obama/Cubs in '08!